Have you ever wanted to ask – Is a wheel alignment necessary?
We know customers fill their cars with petrol because without fuel their cars won’t start. They replace a blown headlight bulb so they can visibly drive at night and they wash their cars to keep them looking clean, so why isn’t everyone aware of the value in having regular wheel alignments?
One possible reason is that with the above situations the result is immediately and plainly obvious. With a vehicle out of alignment the damage to the tyres happens much more slowly over a longer period of time.
Many people don’t understand the importance of a correctly aligned vehicle, assuming that a wheel alignment lasts as long as their set of tyres – this is incorrect.
It is recommended a wheel alignment each time a new set of tyres are purchased as well as every 6 months or 10,000km thereafter. This ensures the customer gets the best possible mileage out of their tyres, comfort from their vehicle, safe handing and braking and reduced driver fatigue.
Bridgestone recommends a wheel alignment is carried out if customer experience any of the following:
* The vehicle is pulling to one side.
* The vehicle’s steering wheel is not straight
* Any of the steering or suspension components have been replaced
* It has been 6 months or they have travelled more than 10,000km since the wheels were last aligned,
* They have hit something on the road like large rocks or potholes.